It’s here! You guys are planning the wedding of your dreams. You’ve got your date nailed down, found an epic venue + planner, and designs for a killer party are in full force. Ready to tackle the next thing on the list? It’s time to find a photographer to document it all! Here’s exactly what you need to know when it comes to an idyllic wedding photography experience–start to finish. 1. Hire your photographer based on three things: their personality, the experience you’ll receive, and the way they capture weddings.
– Your wedding photographer is the vendor you’ll spend the most time with on your wedding day. After all, they’ll be following you around the entire time snapping photos! Figuring out if you vibe with them matters, but what’s the best way to do that? Chat that photographer on the phone, and read past client reviews. You’ll get to hear from them how they handle wedding days, as well as hear from the people that matter the most–past clients who have trusted them with their photos.
– When considering a photographer, ask them to walk you through their client experience from booking to photo delivery. Questions like, “ what’s the best way to communicate with you pre-wedding” and “how long will it take to get our photos” will give you a clear picture of what to expect as their client.
– This last one is a total ‘DUH,’ but it’s worth talking about. Hire someone who takes wedding photos that make your heart go pitter-patter. Scroll through their portfolio to see how they capture an entire wedding day, start to finish! 2. Book a wedding photography package with an engagement session to experience what it’s like to be photographed as a couple before your wedding.
– One of our favorite things about engagement sessions is that they help take away the photo jitters everyone experiences! Getting in front of the camera with your significant other before your wedding day allows any photo stress to melt away. Bonus– you end up with amazing photos for your invitation suite, guestbook, and, of course, your walls at home!
3. Consider a first look.
– Taking a private moment to see one another before you get married has a lot of pros. First, you get a private moment together where you get to soak in the EXCITEMENT of what you’re about to do without a million eyes on you. Second, it gives you much more freedom with how you schedule photos with your family, bridal party, and just the two of you throughout the day–leaving you with lots more time to relax and spend time with your guests! Chatting with your photographer about this option is a great way to get some insight into whether it’s a good fit for your wedding. 4. Don’t worry about giving your photographer a shot list you found on Pinterest. Instead, focus on communicating the details that are important to you.
– As a wedding photographer, it’s our goal to create one-of-a-kind magical imagery on your wedding day. When our focus becomes remaking photos from Pinterest, it stops us from taking incredible photos of your moments. Instead of recreating someone else’s day, we want to hear what’s important to you on your day. We want you to trust us to capture that detail in a way that tells your story. Tell us what you love about your venue, that you are toasting with your grandparents’ champagne glasses, or that you are obsessed with the train of your dress. Knowing what you love, we’ll make sure to photograph those elements in a way that’s unique and absolutely perfect for you! 5. Print your photos.
– Plan ahead with how you’d like to print your photos by ordering an album from your photographer. By partnering with professional print labs, we can offer you heirloom albums and professional-grade prints that will stand the test of time! Nothing makes us happier than helping clients bring their photos off of their phones and onto their walls. Does all of this sound like exactly what you’re looking for? Are WE the photographers who make your heart beat a little faster? We’d love to hear about your wedding day–get in touch here!